Learn about your career goals and how this position fits into your plan.
Make sure that you are sincerely interested in the job and will be motivated to perform if hired.
Find out what you know about the company, industry, position (and if you took the time to research)
Why do you want this job and why should we hire you?
You can do the work and deliver exceptional results. You will fit in beautifully and be a great addition to the team. You possess a combination of skills and experience that make you stand out from the crowd. Hiring you will make him look smart and make his life easier.
How should I answer why do you want this job?
1. Write down the four to six things that are most important to you in a job.
- Customer-facing activities.
- Variety of work.
- Being part of a team.
- Working for a company with a good reputation.
- Working for a company which is growing rapidly.
- Additional training opportunities.
What motivates you to apply for this job?
Good answers to the question ‘what motivates you?’
- meeting deadlines, targets or goals.
- mentoring and coaching others.
- learning new things.
- coming up with creative ideas to improve something, or make something new.
- analysing complex data in order to draw clear and simple conclusions.
- working well as part of a team.
How do you respond to you are interested in a job?
How to Reply to Show You Are Interested in the Job
- Reply Promptly. Respond to the employer’s email or voice mail message as soon as possible, preferably by the end of the day.
- Work with the Employer’s Schedule. When arranging the interview, accept the earliest available appointment that still gives you ample time to prepare.
- Ask Questions.
- Express Enthusiasm.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”